Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Catching up...

Monday I performed my movement biography in Movement class, and did really well. A lot of people told me afterwards that they were really impressed by my gymnastics...

We did our 1-minute phone conversation scenes in Film class, and I think I did rather well. I can't bring myself to watch my tape, though, so I'm not sure exactly how I did.

Then Monday night was George Randolph's 50th birthday party- it was on a Monday because that's a dark night at most theatres (dark night means there are no shows that night) so more people would likely be able to come. There were a lot of great performers singing, including The LMT Connection (their guitarist Leroy Emmanuel is absolutely amazing... he's played with Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, John Lee Hooker, Al Green, Dionne Warwick, and James Brown Band to name a few) and jazz saxaphonist Demo Cates. Everyone there looked amazing, and it was such a blast!!

In Voice & Text on Tuesday we talked about the different aspects of character- physiological, sociological, and psychological traits. I didn't sing in MTP, which means I won't be singing for two weeks since next week's our week off.

Today I had my Theory midterm, which I think went really well. Jeffrey picked on us altos for the entire Choral, and we were all getting kind of frustrated by the end. Then Scene Study was cancelled, again, this time because Rosanna is sick. So Meagan, Linda and I went to lunch at Swiss Chalet, then I went back to school and sang through my entire repertoire of songs in a free tutorial room. Then Talia and I met up to go over our tap routine before tap. Everyone performed their combinations, and they were all amazing! Ours went really well, too. Then Natalie put each group with another group, and had each group teach the other half of their combination and vice versa in 15 minutes, then had us perform the new combinations for the rest of the class. It was fun seeing how people meshed two different choreographies together in such a short time.

I got a tax return a couple days ago, so I've taken the chance to book my first ever professional massage, on Saturday. I'm soooo excited, especially since my shoulder is really sore; I'm not sure why. I have an appointment for an hour and 15 minutes, and I'm reeeeally looking forward to it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home