Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A long but good day

We learned an SSA (Soprano I/Soprano II/Alto) arrangement of Abba's Fernando in Women's Chorus 2 today... it was awesome! Then in Choral, we sang When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinnochio. The alto part is really hard to get, especially since we a)were sight-reading and b)couldn't hear ourselves over the sopranos. We just sort of plugged on and sang what we thought were the right notes as Bob, the conductor, pushed on to do the whole song in the ~35 minutes that we had to work with. It was rather fun being terrible... :P

Scene Study was... I dunno. Nothing special, but it was a good class. I got some good ideas from people's monologues. Rosanna wants to start on scenes soon and do everyone's final pass of their monologue next class, so she's having private coachings for the first run of the people who haven't gone yet. Since I'm one of them, I get to work my monologue privately with Rosanna for a half hour on Friday - a real treat at Randolph, where spending 20 minutes in-class working mostly one-on-one with a teacher is a privilege.

Lunch with the ladies was, as always, a blast, and tap was really fun. We have to choreograph 8 bars of 8 counts to any song we want, in partners, for next Wednesday. I'm excited to choreograph a tap routine...

And now I'm off to bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home